CROSTON LANCS WEEKLY IS NOW DEFUNCT
We have not been able to recover from the economic effects of the local floods. We apologize to our readers for the inconvenience. We have transferred and archived our articles to blogger to salvage what we had worked so hard on. Thank you, for your understanding. -CL Weekly

Wednesday 25 May 2016

MUSINGS: Spearhead, Michael Franti and Adventures in Folk Music


I'm sat here listening to Spearhead, just felt like a little gentle rap and Michael Franti always delivers. I've been a fan of his since I heard Television Drug Of A Nation by the Disposable Heroes Of Hiphopracy. I've also listened to the new Kitty In A Casket album which I got today and that was great, really enjoyed that.

My adventure in Folk Music continues too, my friend Mark went to a wedding the other day and a folk band called Kerfuffle played, it was the first time they had played together for a few years, the groom was a friend of theirs and asked that they play the wedding. Mark asked me if I'd heard of them. I hadn't. I googled them and found out that one of their members Sam Sweeny is in Bellowhead and I also have an album by Sam and their singer Hannah (Sam Sweeny and Hannah James), I have a few Kerfuffle albums now too :-)