CROSTON LANCS WEEKLY IS NOW DEFUNCT
We have not been able to recover from the economic effects of the local floods. We apologize to our readers for the inconvenience. We have transferred and archived our articles to blogger to salvage what we had worked so hard on. Thank you, for your understanding. -CL Weekly

Wednesday 6 July 2016

ALBUM REVIEW: The Revolution is Never Coming by The Red Paintings


Tracklist
01. Vampires Are Chasing Me
02. Dead Children
03. Dead Adults
04. Wasps
05. The Fall of Rome
06. Walls
07. Streets Fell Into My Window
08. You're Not One of Them
09. It Is As It Was
10. Hong Kong
11. Deleted Romantic
12. Rain
13. The Revolution Is Never Coming

This is the latest album from aussie art rockers The Red Paintings. I'd been waiting for this album for some time after hearing thier 2 previous ep's and sort of album. I forst caught wind of the band when watching a Dresden Dolls dvd (Live from The Roundhouse) and TRP singer Trash McSweeney was brought on stage to sing Mad World (which by the way is the best version of the song I've heard) and I was immediatley interested in who this odd man in green was. I had a google and found thier music and loved it.

The album opens with a slow building atmospheric track that leads nicely into the rest of the album, A few of the songs on the album are off thier previous releases but are tweaked slghtly so I'll over look the recycling of material. The album goes from soft melodic guitars to outright metal grinding (on Wasps, coincidentally my favorite track on the album).

It could be said that they are somewhat of an aquired taste, but something about them just clicked with me. It's one of my go to albums when Im stuck for something to listen to. It just ticks all the boxes for me, in particular Wasps as I mentioned but The Streets Fell Into My Window is also another standout track on an album of already solid songs

Wasps


This album and thier entire back catalog can be found at The Red Paintings Bandcamp

Go and have a listen and if you like it please consider buying the album.

Currently Listening to: Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes