CROSTON LANCS WEEKLY IS NOW DEFUNCT
We have not been able to recover from the economic effects of the local floods. We apologize to our readers for the inconvenience. We have transferred and archived our articles to blogger to salvage what we had worked so hard on. Thank you, for your understanding. -CL Weekly

Wednesday 27 July 2016

ALBUM REVIEW: Halsey - Badlands

Tracklist
01 - Castle
02 - Hold Me Down
03 - New Americana
04 - Drive
05 - Hurricane
06 - Roman Holiday
07 - Ghost
08 - Colors
09 - Colors pt. II
10 - Strange Love
11 - Coming Down
12 - Haunting
13 - Gasoline
14 - Control
15 - Young God
16 - I Walk The Line

 I'd not heard of Halsey until a few months ago, I was watching an ep if Catfish and Is There Somewhere was used in the background and it immediately grabbed my attention. I paused the ep and went off and googled the lyrics to see if I could find out who it was. I'm glad I did.

That was off her Room 93 ep. It was a while before Badlands came out. That tracklisting is for the deluxe version, the standard version has the first 11 tracks on there. It's an indie album at heart but laced with danceier beats and pop at times. Kicking things off with the bassy Castle and moving through haunting highs and lows. The highlight of the album for me is track 3, New Americana. Not too sure about the video though, it's a bit The 100 inspired and while it kinda fits the narrative of the song I'm just not sure it works.

 This album is very worth checking out, below is the video for New Americana



Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/halseymusic

Website - http://iamhalsey.com/

Currently listening to - Tori Amos - Tales of a Librarian (It's her birthday today! Happy Birthday Tori!)