CROSTON LANCS WEEKLY IS NOW DEFUNCT
We have not been able to recover from the economic effects of the local floods. We apologize to our readers for the inconvenience. We have transferred and archived our articles to blogger to salvage what we had worked so hard on. Thank you, for your understanding. -CL Weekly

Monday 28 December 2015

LOCAL NEWS: Croston Floods...Again


Gather round and hear this tale of woe....
On boxing day my house flooded! It had been raining most of christmas day and at 7:30am on boxing day we got a flood alert phone call. I got up and started moving things upstairs, by around 9am I had most stuff moved.

I put stuff on kitchen counters too and in chairs, put the TV on top of the microwave which itself was on the freezer. Got mum packed off to relatives in Tarleton. I was supposed to be going to Preston but the taxi driver couldn't get into the village by 10:30 as the roads had been closed! Mark had to go to the office in preston to get his van and come and get me. I managed to get to the train station at the top of the village where one of the road closures was. I had to wade through water to get there. My house hadn't flooded by this point.

Spent the night at mark and sarah's keeping a eye on Facebook, seeing lots of pics of the flooding. Saw a pic taken outside my house and the middle of the road was knee deep in water and rising. When we got there yesterday morning the roads were still closed at points. We had to park in a pub car park and wade to my house, water was over knee deep in some places, when we got to mine there was still water over the ridge but it was low enough to have gone from the house.

Whole ground floor is ruined. Going to need new everything! The water even pulled over the fridge and freezer. That dumped the microwave and TV into the water. It's all a big muddy mess in my house. Contacted the insurance company and waiting for them now so we can get started with the cleanup and dry out.

Here's a glimpse of our warm holiday gift: